The regular meeting of the East Hills Recreation Commission was held on March 16, 2022 at the East Hills Recreation Complex, 101 Community College Way, Johnstown, PA.
The meeting was called to order at 5:30 pm.
Present: Donald Scott, Randy McLaughlin, Fred Yanity, Carol Macey, Donna Locher, Alice Hummel, Brian Lehman, Jim Miliauskas and Jeff Berkey.
Absent: Harry Graham and Dave Scott.
Motion to approve minutes from February by Mr. McLaughlin, second by Ms. Locher.
Motion to approve Treasurer’s Report from February by Mr. Lehman, second by Mr. McLaughlin.
Motion to authorize the payment of bills from February by Ms. Locher, second by Ms. Macey.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR’S REPORT
- MVP Basketball League
- Our Winter 2022 league has ended. We will begin taking summer league team registrations at the end of the month.
- Online registrations for both the Rockets/Rockettes will begin shortly.
- Power Outage
- The power outage had been postponed and most likely will be at some point in the summer.
- Richland School District – Recreation Agreement meeting is scheduled for March 18th. We will meet with GJCTC once agreement is finalized.
- Location Study – We are working with H.F. Lenz to schedule a meeting at GJCTC to discuss the study further.
- VE Arbutus Little League – Discussions are ongoing to include VEA as a partner with EHRC. We are looking to have additional information and potentially a draft of the agreement for the April meeting.
- Richland Community Days – The RCD’s Committee is meeting this Friday at 7:30 am. It is our intent to have the full event in August.
- PPP Loan Forgiveness – Application for the second-round forgiveness should be finished by the end of the month.
- 2022 Lawn Care Agreement – We will once again be working with Stem’s Scapes Landscaping for the 2022 cutting season.
- Fitness Plus/Days Inn – We will be meeting with the new owner of the former Fitness Plus (Days Inn on Scalp Avenue). There may be an opportunity to use the pool and potentially use the racquetball courts as well.
- Penn Highlands Community College – We will be meeting with PHCC to see if usage of the current facility can continue, after a new location is secured.
- Luray Avenue Grant Application – Richland Township has submitted a grant application to improve the Luray Avenue Park/Playground.
Jeff will call Bonnie at Richland High School about using the tennis courts for possible tennis leagues and pickleball.
Motion to adjourn at 6:34 pm by Mr. Lehman, second by Mr. Yanity.